Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dream Big Dream Often

Many of us have little things we want to accomplish in life and many of us have big dreams that we never go for. Well GO FOR THEM! I never thought that my "talent", my passion, my love for crocheting and knitting would lead to me what I am doing today.
Like most, I started out just by doing what I love. I would make blankets for friends who were having babies, or hats for children. Make blankets with my Grandma for the cancer clinic or even for my own children. Just simple things and give as gifts.
Then upon seeing photos of some of the things I've made, I had request as to what it would cost to make them for different indiviuals. Of course, I didn't want to charge for my time because it's something I love doing, so would always reply "Oh just the cost of the yarn!"
Well now it's not "Just the cost of the yarn" I have decided to do this as a "business" for lack of a better word. I'm not making a fortune doing this, just a little extra to help with the bills!
And boy am I busy. Within a day of putting my group up on facebook "I Sit & Crochet" I had a photography business contact me and ask me if I would be interested in making hats for them for their new venture that they are starting and to make photo props for their photo shoots. I jumped at this opportunity and have been busy ever since.
So don't think that the little things you love to do like, making jewlery or crafting or painting or whatever your passion is, can't turn into a big dream and great experience!
I am so happy to be working with RoseLe and so glad that they are giving me the opportuinty to do this and share one of my passions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment