Wednesday, May 16, 2012

That will be $5.37...see you at the window...

I was in Brantford the other day and was at the FreshCo grocery store. While checking out there was a girl in front of us with three young children. She had two gift cards totalling $20 and it came to her last item of a bag of broccoli. She was going to leave it behind and I said no go ahead and put it on her order and I paid for the rest of the amount owing. I gave the cashier a toonie and told the girl she could have the change. The girl thanked me and said she really appreciated it! Her little boy was happy too cause he really wanted the broccoli. Then we checked out and went on our way.
On our way home decided to go through the Tim Horton's drive thru. I order a large frozen lemonade, a snack pack of 10 timbits and a peanut butter cookie. She told me my total was $5.37 see you at the window. There was another car in front us and we had to wait...while waiting Sawyer said he wanted juice so I was going to have the girl add a peach juice to my order. When I got to the window and was just about to ask her to add a juice to my order and hand her the $10 bill she told me that the car in front of us had paid for my order.
I couldn't believe it! A HUGE smile came across my face, and I asked her if she was being serious.
It just goes to show that there are some genuine and gracious people in this world. Can't believe that it happened to me!!!
Guess Paying It Forward does exist...and I know it wasn't the girl from the store!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment